Monday 29 October 2012

Baby 5: Week 9

How Far Along: 9 weeks  & 1 Day (30 weeks and 6 days until I'm due!)

How I'm Feeling: Have you guessed yet? Nauseous! And kind of exhausted. And a little cranky. And sometimes very hungry. But most of all: JOYFUL! All the nausea in the world can't take down the deep feeling of joy that's spreading through me.

What I'm Thinking: Already my nesting instinct is kicking in, and I'm doing my best to keep it at bay. We have plenty of time to get most of this stuff done, and right now I've got Christmas to focus on. Still, in the back of my mind I'm always running through a list of things we need to be %100 ready for Baby 5. Even further back in my mind is the nervous creation of the "What If It's Twins" list. Silly brain needs to take a break! On November 8th we'll have our first ultrasound, and I'm resisting giving in to these thoughts until we see what's going on in my belly.

What I've Done This Week: I've been working hard to get myself back in a normal eating routine. I'm doing my best to use the crockpot more so that I can use less energy to cook but still have delicious meals. I made some amazing indian food this week and am now thoroughly pleased with myself. haha. I've also tried to get ready for the big hurricane that's coming our way. Lots of canned foods (usually I hate them, but what can you do with storms?) and I'm filling jugs up with water.

What I Hope To Do Next Week: I'm really hoping I can get more sleep this week. Sounds silly, I know, but I'm finding myself running on empty during the day with the kids. I find myself sitting wide awake in bed at night mulling over the future. Not that that's bad or anything, but not exactly conducive to a good night's sleep and a happy Mommy!

No comments:

Post a Comment