Monday 8 October 2012

Baby 5: Week 6

How Far Along: 6 weeks 1 day (33 weeks and 6 days until I'm due!)

How I'm Feeling: My cold is all gone, but I'm finding myself constantly nauseous and I've been really tired. I have spells where going up and down the stairs a few times leaves me winded. No matter what I eat, my nausea isn't going down. It definitely could be worse and I feel like a bit of a whiner knowing how easy I have it. I've never had really bad nausea with any one of the kids, particularly with the 3rd and 4th pregnancies.

What I'm Thinking: We got the results of the blood work a few days back. My hcg (pregnancy hormone) was really high for where I thought I should be in pregnancy. This explains why I'm feeling so much nausea. The higher level could mean a couple of things. Sometimes carrying a boy causes an early spike in hcg. Another option is that I'm further along than I had thought, by up to 4 weeks (oops). Yet another option is that we have double the baby going on in here. That's the least likely, though not impossible as my paternal grandmother was a twin and had at least one set of twins (my Dad was adopted, so it's hard to interpret too much information from what little we have learned about his family). I wouldn't mind being further along, this being a boy, or even if this is twins.

What I've Done This Week: Besides harass my doctor's office for the results of my blood work, I spent most of this week getting over my cold and trying to master my nausea. I made an appointment with my doctor to request a dating ultrasound, but we can't get in for another week to even request the referral for the ultrasound. The suspense!!!

What I Hope To Do Next Week: I'm hoping to keep plugging away at getting baby's room ready. We have so many months to do it, but once his or her room is ready, we can work on the other rooms. I'm also going to go through all the baby clothes and re-sort them into gender and gender neutral.

2 comments:

  1. Re Nausea: In case you haven't seen it: http://www.conversiondiary.com/how-i-mostly-cured-morning-sickness

    Maybe it will help?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the thought! It turns out what I needed was to up my sodium intake. Since I've had the sodium levels increased, I've been able to eat all the healthy food that was turning my stomach. As a rule I don't eat processed food very often, so it was tough that even fruit and veggies were turning my stomach! I'm so glad it was just salt I needed. Who thought chips and Mr. Noodle was my cure? haha

      Delete